Plexision is revolutionizing personalized diagnostic tests for immunocompromised patients. Our goal is to be a one stop reference laboratory providing unprecedented data-based decision making capability to physicians, helping them improve the Quality of Life of solid organ transplant recipients.
Plexision understands the need to provide credible, accurate information and unprecedented customer service and is currently looking for a Director Sales to build nation-wide commercial capabilities.
The Director Sales is responsible for meeting or exceeding an assigned sales quota of Plexision products and services. The individual will excel in this role through deep market & product knowledge, timely sales development, as well as through new customer addition and retention strategies. The individual will serve as a national champion for Plexision focused on the solid organ transplant market.
The following are representative of these duties:
- Clinical knowledge: Director Sales must have a thorough understanding of the clinical aspects of Solid Organ Transplant Diagnostic testing. This includes knowledge of why transplants are done, treated and the graft is successfully implemented. Also a basic understanding of transplant therapeutics and what tests are used to qualify patients for therapy.
- Market knowledge: Director Sales must understand the business side of transplant diagnostic testing, including how different specialties (Surgeons, Physicians, Transplant coordinators, Pathologists & Administrators) are involved and what services Plexision can offer to aid them in their respective roles. The Director Sales will also be a “front-line” information gatherer that will reflect the needs and changes within the market back to Plexision, so that it can accommodate and prepare for changes that are expected.
- Physician knowledge: Director Sales must have solid relationships with doctors, and the ability to access the physician or decision maker by the means of communication that each office utilizes.
- Industry protocol: Director Sales must follow hospital, laboratory, and industry protocols for credentialing, HIPAA compliance, and fair business practices.
- Sales Acumen: Director Sales must be seasoned sales professional as well as a consultant. A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the field is required to understand the sales cycles, buying process, contracting, billing, and product mix for each of the clinicians and non-clinical personnel being served. Director Sales must have a proven track record of consistent revenue growth and building long-term customer relationships.
- Travel: Upwards of up to 50%
- Additional Responsibilities: Plexision is an exciting organization, providing great opportunities. As Plexision grows, the role of the Director Sales may shift to overseeing a staff of Account Executives (AE) to manage a particular geography. This leadership role will involve the training, education, and measurement of AE performance.
- Industry Experts and Education: The Director Sales will conduct physician educations and meetings where novel tests, trends, or concepts can be discussed and applied within the medical community.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University. Biological Sciences (Biochemistry, Biology discipline) strongly preferred. Medical Technologist, laboratory experience extremely helpful.
- Three to five plus years direct sales experience in clinical diagnostics/medical products and services with progressive responsibility and clear history of exceeding sales goals.
- Strong technical acumen in the fields of transplant biology, immune-oncology, and the tools used to manage and treat transplants.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and CRM software tools.
- Ambitious, self-motivated individual. History of competing and winning at the highest levels.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and develop an assigned sales territory for maximum sales revenue and customer retention.
- Excellent leadership opportunity to develop professionally and build a team of Account Executives
- Company culture that values people and customers as top priority
- Opportunity to implement positive changes and see immediate results
- Unique balance of focus on innovation and customer service, balanced by pragmatism and strong work ethic
- Generous, uncapped sales incentive plan that strongly encourages and rewards exceptional sales performance.
- Plexision Inc., CLIA Certified Laboratory is based out of Pittsburgh, PA. Director of Sales can choose to reside in any of the states close to Pittsburgh, PA. and operate from home office.